Monday, February 8, 2010

Tour de Cure: Help to Prevent and Cure Diabetes!

My brother PJ was diagnosed with Type I diabetes at the age of 5 and struggled with it his entire life. Last August at the age of 31 he was killed in an automobile accident because he had a diabetic reaction and ran a red light. Diabetes is a terrible disease and it is my hope that we can help find a cure. We all miss you PJ everyday.


I have decided to join thousands of fellow riders from across the country in this year's Tour de Cure to raise money to help stop diabetes and further the mission of the American Diabetes Association: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all those affected by diabetes.I am asking for your help. By making a donation on my behalf, you will be helping the American Diabetes Association change the future of diabetes by providing community-based education programs, protect the rights of people with diabetes and fund critical research for a cure.As you may know, diabetes is a disease in which the body does not produce or properly use insulin. Insulin is a hormone that is needed to convert sugar, starches and other food into energy needed for daily life. Nearly 24 million Americans are living with diabetes. If current trends continue, one out of three children will face a future with diabetes. This is a startling statistic and your donation will help to change this. I know my participation in this year's Tour de Cure can and will make a difference. Please help me reach my goal of $1000 by supporting me with a donation. You can follow the link below to my personal Web page to make a secure, 100% tax deductible donation.


Or if you like to ride and would like to ride with me go to our team site and join our team. It costs $15 to register and everyone is required to raise at least $150 in order to ride. Go to the site for more details.


Together we will help stop diabetes.

Yours truly,
Julieanne

No comments:

Post a Comment